Monday, October 12, 2009

September

September has now come and gone. I can't believe how time flies. I started my nurse anesthesia program here at Georgetown and I really like what I am doing so far. School is definitely difficult and extremely busy. I feel like all I do is study, but I guess this is to be expected. I try my best to take Friday evenings off to spend with Will, so we have been able to do a couple of fun things this month. Last week we went with some friends on a "ghost tour" of Georgetown. It was really fun. We had a tour guide who took us around and showed us old homes (some over 200 years old) that are supposedly haunted. He also told us about various unsolved murder mysteries and curses involving people living in Georgeotown thoughout history. We ended the tour by the part of town where the Exorcist movie was filmed. We walked down the famous steps where the priest in the movie fell to his death (I have never seen the movie, so I'll take their word for it.) Unfortunately I forgot my camera and have no pictures to post. However, I do have a few pics from our visit to the National Museum of American History this week. I had been wanting to visit to see Julia Child's kitchen ever since I saw the movie "Julie and Julia" last month.



(This picture is for you Wade)



Julia Child's Kitchen


cuddling with Brin after a long day at school

4 comments:

rachel and brady said...

Time flies when you're havin fun! :) Good job on studyin hard...I'll be back on the homework scene next week...I'm not sure how I feel about that right now! I've barely gotten used to not having to worry about school, and I'm getting right back to it! Oh well, we're lucky that we can get an education I guess. Brin is so cute! We miss you guys! Take care...we'll talk to ya soon.

Webster Family said...

you guys wouldn't believe how excited wade got when he saw the picture of dumbo:) forget the all the other tourist attractions...he says we're coming just for a little taste of disneyland in washington d.c!

Emily said...

I'm glad to see that you still have some free time. I hope things are going well.

Chandice said...

Looks like fun, love your cute little puppy! Will you guys be in town over Christmas/New Years? We need to get together with everyone!