Saturday, July 17, 2010

End of Phase 1 and New Things Coming

This has been an extremely busy summer. I finally sat down to blog everything that has happened in our lives since the beginning of May as I have not had the time recently. I have now officially finished Phase 1 of the nurse anesthesia program, which means that starting in September, as I move into Phase 2, I will be able to finally enter the clinical/hospital setting as I continue in my education. For the majority of my clinical experience, I will be rotating through hospitals in the Richmond, VA area, which means Will and I will be moving to Virginia. I will still be commuting into DC for exam purposes and one clinical rotation at Georgetown University Hospital, but the majority of my time will now be spent in Richmond. I am a little heartsick about leaving DC and the great friends we have made here, but I am also looking foreward to our next great adventure. Virginia is a great place and I am excited about the move. Plus, the rent is MUCH less expensive, which is a big perk to moving out of the DC metro area. Here are a few photos from the month of July. We spent the 4th of July at the National Mall. There was a free concert that included artists such as Darius Rucker, Reba Macintyre, David Archuletta, and many others accompanied by the Washington DC Symphony. It was a fabulous experience. The fireworks were incredible.
4th of July Celebration

Babysitting our Friend's Great Dane, "Babar"
Hard to believe he is still a puppy and will only get bigger

3 comments:

Staci said...

Wow Adaire I can't believe how many visitors you guys get! How do you keep up with it and school? We watched the freedom concert on tv, that's really fun that you were there in person. Good luck with the next part of your school, it sounds like it will be better than book work.

matesen said...

So exciting you get to do clinicals in VA! You are amazing!

Jes said...

Love all the pictures you posted! Its fun to see what you have been up to all summer! Congrats on finishing phase 1! You are incredible. If we're ever in Utah at the same time we seriously HAVE to get together! I havent seen you forever and you just look so cute!